About Me

I am a Christian mother of five, and our highest goal as a family is to serve God in every aspect of our lives. Jesus promised His disciples 'life in all its abundance' (John 10:10) - that has been our story, a rich life, not devoid of challenges, but certainly abundant. Previously writing at www.homeeducationnovice.blogspot.com, we have come to realise that education is just one area where our faith shapes our choices and direction in life. This blog seeks to share our adventure (using font only to enable access in settings with poor internet)

Thursday 28 June 2012

What this blog is about (Part 2)

Somebody reading this blog asked me what my aims were. Is it primarily a Home Education resource? Or am I also seeking to address Biblical parenting which is of course a far broader topic? And what is the balance between hard facts (news items, online resources, research articles and statistics) and my more personal reflections (what I have enjoyed, what has been challenging, what has been helpful, what has not...)?

Whilst seeking to remain focussed as a resource for those becoming interested in Home Education, the discussions of Biblical parenting and personal reflections also have their place, as I seek to share the adventure that our family has started. Our decision to home educate has been informed by our overall worldview, and in particular our understanding of what the Bible teaches us about parenting and family; to separate out simply the homes education resources would be an artificial simplification of what we are seeking to achieve as we raise our children.

Browsing other blogs on the internet, I find the ones which are most user-friendly for me are those where I can rapidly access the type of information I am looking for; I get frustrated with ones which try to cover too much or have no clear index. In attempt to make things easier for readers here, I have added labels to each post, which are displayed on the right hand side of the page. Postings are categorised according to their main focus, whether that be solid facts and resources, or whether it be the more personal, reflective items.

I hope this format helps you find the type of article which encourages you as you explore Home Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment