About Me

I am a Christian mother of five, and our highest goal as a family is to serve God in every aspect of our lives. Jesus promised His disciples 'life in all its abundance' (John 10:10) - that has been our story, a rich life, not devoid of challenges, but certainly abundant. Previously writing at www.homeeducationnovice.blogspot.com, we have come to realise that education is just one area where our faith shapes our choices and direction in life. This blog seeks to share our adventure (using font only to enable access in settings with poor internet)

Thursday 28 March 2013

Professionals home educating

A friend sent me this webpage, discussing 18 reasons why doctors and lawyers in the USA are turning to home education. I thought it was fascinating. It was interesting to me, because I also haven't exactly 'owned up' to home educating to many people (although as my eldest reaches 'school age' it will become more apparent). It is interesting to me to see the arguments written like this.

We do fall into the quoted 36% who home educate partly for spiritual and moral reasons; but the other reasons are there also. I am often encouraged by articles by those who do not share my worldview as I can see just how wide-ranging the benefits of home education actually are.

I hope you enjoy this one.

Kondwani

No comments:

Post a Comment